Monday, June 7, 2010

Quasi Estate

Is Melissa alive? Yes, and sorry she has not updated since she visited Austria in April. I plan to update old entries later, but for now I thought it would polite to let everyone know I am still breathing.
So school is finished and I now live with Ginevra and Nerina…and their menagerie. Nerina was just given a Jack Russell puppy, which she named Ninetta or Nini for short. So now I have a child and a puppy in my care. I can’t complain; they’re both adorable and I will be gone before either of them loses their cuteness.
I have finally recovered from a lung infection I procured from Nerina. She was sick for a week and I didn’t get over mine for two. I’m still taking medication, but I feel nearly normal now.
Life these past few weeks has consisted of running errands for Ginevra, walking the dog, picking up Nerina from school, playing Uno, and reading (I’ve collected quite a few books this year) in first-rate people watching spots in Florence.
I spent this last weekend at Nerina’s beach house. Ginevra wanted to acquaint me with the property. I think I am really going to enjoy my summer. The house is very simple, which I like, as it looks real and not like a Martha Stewart catalogue (like every other home Ginevra owns). The beach is only a 5 minute walk through trees and sand dunes—the family’s private property. In two weeks Nerina and I will move there and remain until the end of July…then I come home. One year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment