Saturday, April 10, 2010

Visit Art--Centro Di







Ginevera’s press conference for her Visit Art magazine was a success. Mainly, I was preoccupied with the little one, chasing her around and between the distinguished curators, journalists, and intellectuals of Florence. The conference was held in Palazzo Pandolfini on Via San Gallo, which is actually owned by Ginevra’s family. I was surprised by the number people I knew and recognized. Over a dozen or so knew me by name, and everyone knew Nerina. Usually she’s a shy little thing, but I think getting out of school early got to her head and she flitted around the palace grounds teasing adults with her attention and then whimsically leaving them in mid-sentence; she would then run back to me, only to leave me again. I spent most of the afternoon searching for a little blonde head among the lean figures in black suits. The actual presentation was quite brief, but the eating and chatting that followed took hours—typical Italians. Though I played a very small role in the making of this magazine, I am very proud of my boss and smile every time I walk by a newsstand and see the pink and green cover peeking out at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment