Sunday, March 28, 2010

Primavera Break









The tourist flood gates are slowly opening, which makes traversing in the center somewhat tricky. I’m pretty good at picking up on where various groups are from--might as well make a game out of my inconvenience. The Italians, Americans, and Japanese are easy to spot, but the Germans, Irish, Swiss, Spanish etc. are a little more difficult. Allora.
Nerina and I had a nice week together. We spent an afternoon in the Bardini Gardens, I took her to the dentist (not as traumatic for her as dentist visits were for me), we invented a hybrid of 20 questions and Pictionary, and read Alice in Wonderland together.
When I was not with Nerina I was running errands, reading (finished Lolita!) or strolling through the city with Rachel. We’re actually getting ready to visit a flower festival in Greve in Chianti. Hopefully the buses are running today. Also, Jennifer gets back from the States today. I made her a welcome home sign. I missed that blonde head of hers around here.
Back to class tomorrow.
My professor is taking me to a chitarra (guitar), voce (voice), violino (don't tell me you can't guess what that is), and bouzouki (no idea what this is) concert on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment