Sunday, December 27, 2009

Between Holidays
















Christmas was lovely. I had a late lunch with my host family. I should say I had a mid-afternoon feast with my host family. There were almost as many courses as there were people. Emanuela prepared funghi, tuna, and salmone spread; tortrllini soup; arancia beef, mela pork, and chicken con salsa verde; spinace and patatine; and I don't know how many desserts. Afterwards we opened presents. Iside (the dog) received the most and they were all destroyed within an hour. It was an adorable destruction though.
Since Christmas I have really just been reading, attempting to cook, and walking around aimlessly in Cascine Park. I found an in-ground amphitheatre. It's beautiful and nice for sitting or pretending to perform in a play...In the park there is also a horse racing track. I don't think I'm allowed in, but there is a door which is always open, and no one is ever around or inside, so...
Florence was crowded this evening, as I'm sure it will be for another week. I went to see a film at the Odeon: Io & Marilyn. It was slapstick enough for me to understand and I learned a few new Italian phrases, so I am satisfied.
I signed up for a half marathon in Vienna. It will be a nice, though strenuous way, to see the city. It is not until April, which gives me more time to prepare than I had for the Firenze Marathon. Phew.
A presto.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas holiday. I really loved being with yor Mom, Cj & Morgan. I am back home and waiting for it to snow this PM. Wishing you a Happy New Year and have a great time with Cj, he is really exicted about the visit to Italy. Hugs & love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete