Friday, December 18, 2009

Leaving














































Again, I am sorry that I haven't posted in so long. Finals...well they're finals and that is my only excuse. The good news is that I think I did really well. The bad news is that the semester is now over and I have to say goodbye to my host family and all the friends I have made. I'm supposed to sing tonight in a "concert" organized by my Italian teacher. The Beginner classes are joining forces to sing for the rest of the school. I really want to go, but I might have to work late tonight. I really shouldn't call it work anymore. Yesterday Nerina and I painted Christmas pictures with watercolors and then we danced in the kitchen with our socks on. Is this work? And last week my job was to accompany her on a train to Rome to see her dad (my expenses covered) and I had a few hours to spare before catching the next train back to Florence. I went to an Alexander Calder exhibit and saw the Colosseum again...again, I hate my life. Allora, I move into my new apartment today. I should have internet and will probably update more often since I will have less to update about--if that makes sense. I have accumulated so many things since moving here, mostly books, and I don't know how simple moving is going to be. Hopefully I don't live up too many flight of stairs, because most apartments in Italy do not have elevators.









My plan is to walk around Florence tonight and take pictures of all of the pretty lights. Every street has a different motif. Ciao ragazzi. Buon Natale!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah...life sounds so rough. :WINK: We're so glad you're enjoying your "work." And I hope that we're able to head on over one of these days and show the kids all around. Sounds wondermous!

    xoxo,

    ~2Shaye

    ReplyDelete