Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fair Verona














































Verona: a city of children and dogs. In Florence, I sometimes wonder where all the children have gone--now I know. They are all in Verona, running through the streets with hot chocolate in their hands. They are able to accomplish this without (for the most part) spilling because Italian hot chocolate is really just a melted hunk of chocolate and is as thick as a jar of nutella!

The dogs were also numerous, and the breeds were so various that one moment I was worried about stepping on a little toy terrier or Chihuahua and the next I was worried about being stepped on myself by some Newfoundland or St. Bernard.

But this is not why I came to Verona. I came to see the Casa di Giulietta, which I did. The tunnel leading up to Juliet's house was plastered in love notes and love graffiti and packed with people. I had to wait in a pretty long line to touch Juliet's right breat for good luck. Thes rest of my two day stay consisted of walking, a little hiking, and some stunning panoramic views of the city. I will let the pictures speak for themselves

Today is the Feste di Immaculata (The Immaculate Conception), so no school. For now I will get some homework done and later I am scheduled to help my boss purchase, carry, and decorate a Christmas tree. My host mama made us hot chocolate this morning. This is the best Immaculata ever!

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! And what's the story about touching her, ah, breat and having it bring good luck?

    ReplyDelete