Monday, October 19, 2009

Freddo Tempo







Picture #1 is a giant tower of chocolate used for chocolate sandwiches.
The 2nd is Perugia from a hilltop.
The 3rd picture was taken in a Wine Museum outside of Perugia. Before the EuroChocolate Festival we were treated to wine tasting.



It is now cold in Italy. It was especially cold in Perugia, which was a good enough excuse for me to buy cioccolato caldo (hot chocolate) several times. Perugia is beautiful and I would go there if even there were no EuroChocolate Festival. The festival, though cold, crowded, and a little more commercial than I expected, was still a lot of fun. I ate way too much chocolate and barely made it back with samples for my host family! To top off the day, Katie and I went to an outdoor craft fair. There were no crafts at night, but there were some awesome gyros. Just when I thought I couldn't eat any more.



Midterms began today and I am pretty sure I did well on my first one. Two tomorrow, two more on Wednesday, then I catch the train for Pisa on Thursday to get to Germany on Friday. Wish me luck!



If I don't post for a while it is because I am busy studying and have nothing interesting to share. : ) I miss you guys!


2 comments:

  1. Chocolate increases brain cells Melissa. (snicker, snicker)

    Steve "Camp-Dad" Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have a piece of that awesome chocolate for me??

    Grams

    ReplyDelete