Wednesday, October 14, 2009

La Traviata


(This is a photo of the theatre where I will be seeing Inglorious Bastards next week. Nice, huh?)


My first opera experience went well. I read a synopsis before going and that really paid off. We were up in the galleria so it was difficult to see (should have brought my mini-binoculars!), but the music was beautiful, the sets were interesting, and the lyrics were on a screen above the stage so I could actually understand a little. I do, however, think the opera is an acquired taste. If given the chance, I will definitely go back, but as of right now, I prefer the theatre. Pirandello's Henry IV is playing in December, so I am going to get my ticket now.

Tomorrow I am attending a Futurismo conference with my Italian Literature professoressa. I do not know what to expect, but I do know that most of the speakers have come all the way from the U.S. to present, so they must be good, right?

And on Saturday I am going to the Chocolate Festival in Perugia! I'll definitely have some pictures of this event up on my next post.

Midterms are next week. Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment