Tuesday, October 6, 2009

So Much

These past few days have gone by so quickly. I stayed in Florence again for the weekend. I went to the market with my host mother and she let me help her pick out our groceries for the next few days. I also made pasta from scratch with my host father. That was an experience, as he barely speaks English, and the pasta making process requires prior knowledge and skill. Luckily my host brother joined in and we had a pasta making party! I also went out on the town with a few friends to an Irish pub in Piazza Santa Maria del Fiore. The walk home with Lucy was beautiful, complete with a full moon and not a soul on the streets.
I aced my first Italian quiz. Whew. That was a relief. I knew the material, but I got nervous when I was taking it, so...whew!
I'm going to Venice this weekend with my friend Katy. We picked up our tickets at the train station and booked our hostel. Piece of cake.
I have a presentation tomorrow on Luigi Pirandello. I should be working on it now, but my host bro Nicola invited me out with his friends for appereitivos. Preparations will have to wait.
Buona notte ragazzi!

1 comment:

  1. I have tried making pasta, it is not easy.
    Good for you trying and you might become an
    ol' pro at pasta making.

    Hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete