Friday, November 13, 2009

Maybe not...

Prague was a dud. The day we were scheduled to leave I hadn't received my electronic tickets. So I called the bus company's office to see what needed to be done, and they informed me that I was not even on the departure list. Hmmm....after 3 frustrating phone calls, I was told to go to the office in person. So I ran home, packed, somehow got a hold of Melanie (who lost her phone last weekend) and booked it to the office. Here I found out I had somehow booked a bus departing in December:

"Can I change the date?"

"Si no problem."

"Is there a bus coming back on Saturday."

"Ah...no there is not."

"What! Your website said there was."

"I'm sorry, there is no bus leaving Prague until Tuesday."



Melanie and I are going to make the best of our weekend in Florence. Last night we went to listen to some Jazz across the Arno and today we are going to a truffle ristorante and we'll see from there.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry it did not work out but I am sure you had
    a good week end, you always make the best of the
    situation at hand. Hugs & love Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Europe does dates as Day/Month/Year, e.g. 12/11/2009 for November 12, 2009. So perhaps you did 11/12/2009 which would be December 11, 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized you probably already know that and I seem like a know-it-all. BUT, perhaps I'm saved by the fact that even knowing the correct form, I had to type 11/12/2009 twice before I typed it Day/Month/Year. My brain is hardwired! Maybe yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! No, Kev, I would agree with you completely, except to select dates on the website, you click on a box to check your choice. So it still doesn't make sense to me...

    ReplyDelete