Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pizza e Gelato Corso
















I thought 30 euros was way too much for a course in pizza and gelato making--mama mia was I wrong! It was the best 30 euros I have spent...since I got back from Germany and England. There were only three of us in the class and our Australian-born Italian Chet/teacher Roberto was molto informativo e incantevole. Normally he has many more pupils in his class, but as it was a Saturday night, well, you know. This being the case, he also aught us to make biscotti and gave us two bottles of house wine to split between the three of us. Needless to say, I was feeling really good by the end of the class. I walked home with a full stomach, a booklet of recipes, and I slept like a rock. I am adding this course to my "Things to Do in Florence" list for those who come to visit me. There are pastry and pasta courses as well, so take your pick!

The picture that doesn't belong is from the Inganni ad Arte (Art and Illusions) gallery I visited with Melonie at Palazzo Strozzi. The paintings appear 3-D, so at the end of the exhibit, there was a "hands-on" frame you could crawl into and look creepy.
I'm off to Prague on Thursday with Melonie. I forget why she has to go, but I know why I am: I have never been to Prague!
Ciao ragazzi!

1 comment:

  1. So what you're saying is, you're just going to Czech things out?

    ReplyDelete