Monday, November 2, 2009

What did I leave out?




Oh, yes. There is much more to my vacation from my vacation. (Even though I am in school, it really does feel like I'm on holiday. Do you like the European way I put that?).
Jan, Katrin, Max, Emi, Toby (Katrin's brother), and Toby's girlfriend (I cannot remember her name) took me on a tour of two Bavarian castles (shown in my last post). We entered only one, but took a hike up to a bridge overlooking the other, which incidentally was the model for Cinderella's Castle in Disney World.
So after my adventures in Bamberg, Kempten, and Castle Land, my tourguides, sadly, had to return to their respective duties: some school, some work. At Katrin's suggestion I took a train to Munich where I spent the majority of the day, though I did not see much of the city. For three hours I wandered around the Neve Pintakathek, one of three large art museums in Munich. I recognized several paintings, but mostly the works were new to me. I have a few new favorites now. I'll post pictures of them.
By the time I made it through the whole museum I only had a few hours left, so I just walked around a few busy streets. Max and Katrin recommended I find the major shopping strip, but I think I went the wrong way. Oh well. I found the train station to get back, and that was good enough for me.
Now I must read a book for my Holocaust in Film and Fiction class. In my next post--London!

Host family update: Nicola broke his leg playing soccer. I made him chocolate chip cookies today. The leg is still broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment