Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Catch Up


Do you like the curtains made with pasta?


Since Cinque Terre, I have not done much aside from attending class, homework, and chatting with my host family. I did, however, go to a small jazz concert at a caffe/libraria on Monday night. I really enjoyed that.

My school has organized an Italian movie series. This week we watched "Divorce: Italian Style" and it was hilarious. Last week we watched "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow" starring Sophia Loren. I really love Tuesdays. I have Holocaust in Film and Fiction in the morning and then Food, Culture, and Society in the evening (special emphasis on the food portion).


This morning my host mother and I signed up for the Corri La Vita, which is a run/walk fundraiser for breast cancer. The race is on Sunday. Hopefully all of this walking will help me out.


One of my host brothers has given me over 200 Italian songs, so I've been listening/translating them in my free time. It's strange not having a job(s). I have so much time. I have never been able to read so much!


I'm thinking about going to Pisa this Saturday. It's only an hour train ride away!


Italia Tip #4: Pronounce all vowels with gusto!


Ciao!

1 comment: