Thursday, September 17, 2009

No Piu' Inglese--No More English

View of the Duomo from my school.

I told my host mother I would no longer speak in English. I'm not at all comfortable with this decision, but I think it will help me in the long run. I actually just tried to ask, "Do you have a stapler?" I failed miserably.


I visited Dostoevsky's Florentine apartment. My sources tell me this was where he wrote The Idiot It was actually very easy to find.


Tomorrow I go to Cinque Terre. I will be there Friday and Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can enjoy the beach. If not, there are plenty of hiking trails. Our Director said there really isn't much to do in "The Five Lands" except enjoy the scenery.


"Macbeth" is playing at Teatro Manzoni on Sunday, so I will try to see that when I return.


No comments:

Post a Comment