Sunday, September 27, 2009

Florence is Orange





1st: Start of the race

2nd: Tomasso, Me, Lucy, and Emanuela--cooling off

3rd: Tomasso, Serena, Paulo, Emanuela, Lucy, and Iside (dog) in the Boboli Garden.


I do not feel at all guilty for walking the entire race. First of all, it was physically impossible. The streets are much too narrow for so many people (and dogs). Secondo, the main perk of the race is that most of the museums/palaces/gardens in Florence are open to the public, for free. So, naturally, we took advantage.

The race began and ended in Pizza della Signoria. I don't remember every place we visited, but I know we wound through the Boboli Gardens, the Pitti Palace, a few churches, and two museums. The 4 mile course took us 3.5 hours to complete.
I had such a good time that I decided to sign up for the Firenze Marathon in November. I know I'm out of mind. I have never run a marathon and I only have 9 weeks to train for it. I already paid for it, so there is no going back.

Italia Tip #6: It's bad luck to be the only one at the table not drinking, especially when a toast is made.

Buona notte!

1 comment: