Saturday, September 26, 2009

Galleria degli Uffizi e "Tonari no Totoro"


Santa Croce (picture) is 2 blocks from my school.
I finally got to go inside the Uffizi. The place is enormous. I couldn't stay for long, because I had an editorial meeting for my school's newsletter, but I was able to take a long look at the Botticellis, some Byzantine paintings, and two Leonardo Da Vinci paintings. I think I'm going to have to devote several afternoons to this museum. There are 45 rooms and I only saw three!


I spent most of the day studying, but I got out of the house for a few hours to see "Totoro" or "Tonari no Totoro." I used to watch this movie all of the time with my brothers and sisters, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the Japanese animated film dubbed in Italian. It made me a little homesick, but I'm glad I went.


Tomorrow is the big run. Tomasso (my host brother) says we're taking mopeds to the starting line! This will be my first Italian 2-wheeling experience. Wish me luck!


Italia Tip #5: "Ganzo" (means cool) is an 80s word...don't use it in serious conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment